Resolving to shape up and build a better body in 2012? Create a fitness calendar and stick to it! A fitness calendar can help you define your fitness goals, plan your workouts according to your schedule, and help you to fit exercise into your daily routine.
- Take a look at how you currently plan your time. Whether you use a calendar on your computer or smart phone or purchase a calendar or planner that you use specifically for fitness, decide where and how you want to schedule your workouts. You may also want to create a separate chart to track things like nutrition, body weight, and inches lost so that you can regularly track your success. You may also want to take a look at some of the online fitness planners that are available to help you reach your fitness goals.
- Create a summarized exercise plan. Make sure that you include a variety of workout options including cardiovascular exercise, strength training, and exercise programs such as yoga or stretching that can help you improve your flexibility.
- Identify the days and times you plan to exercise and block them out on your calendar. Consider your personal workout preferences. Do you like working out in the morning? Or does a time later in the day better fit your daily routine? Commit yourself to doing your pre-planned workouts each day.
- Be sure to vary your workouts. Work on different body parts each day and schedule rest. A good fitness plan should include a balance of stretching, toning, and aerobic activities. Be sure to schedule at least two days of resistance training and three days of cardio exercise. If you need help creating a workout plan, consult with a Future Fitness personal trainer for advice.
- Track your success. Whether it’s losing weight, increasing reps, or extending the duration of each workout, create a monthly goal for yourself and note it at the end of each month.
- Pat yourself on the back! Rewarding yourself will help make your goals more attainable and ensure that you stick with your new fitness plan. Plan a special day out after meeting your goals, buy yourself a new pair of skinny jeans – choose something that will motivate you to push yourself to finish.